Outlier
Alone. Vulnerable. An Outsider. In a pitch black room with no one but myself. No support, no nothing. In a world with seven billion people in it, I still found a way to feel alone. In a country that I’ve lived in for 13 years, in a school that I’ve been in for eight years. You would think that I’ve found my place in this world, but in fact, I’m the complete opposite.
Everyone is constantly trying to find their place in this world, including me. New trends come about every now and then and everyone following them, but the few outliers who choose to stay with who they are. I used to think that I had a close group of friends that would guide me, that would be there for me, but as time flew by, our friendships flew by and I was at square one once again. Where is that one person who I can come to and rant about my life problems? Where are you?
Living in a world where there’s a dark and light, I easily get lost in the dark and gloomy. But with my earbuds in, my eyes closed, I get away. Everyday I come to school the same way. Backpack on, headphones in, and a fake smile on, hoping that I can at least conquer today. Everyday I do the same thing, walk up and down the halls looking for a friend to talk to. I eventually find someone that has a common interest as me, and I think we’re coming close to being friends, but do they think the same? They seem to always come and go for me. They always seem to leave me behind like an abandoned puppy left in a thunderstorm.
Left out in conversations when I’m obviously there? Check. Walking alone to lunch and break? Check. Not getting invited to hang out? Check. All the time I feel like I’m going to lose my mind with all this loneliness, even though I used to love my peace and privacy. But now it’s different, now I feel lost like I’m in a dark tunnel, but with no shining light at the end. But I had to learn to put myself out there. Go to people, instead of them come to me. Believe me I know it’s a scary world out there and putting yourself out there may be scary. But sometimes, that’s your only choice. And it may seem that every part of you is done and dead, but there still is that hopeful beating heart that knows that things will get better. You may be outspoken and vulnerable right now, but one day there will be a shining light. And that moment will just have to wait for now.
Comments
Post a Comment