Critique Group: Liwen, Rachel, Yu Bin, and Jordan
Creativity:
- point of view - how it travels up/not just straight
Manipulation:
- had a lot of strong colors
- bricks have a lot of shape in them
Problem Solving:
- did the assignment and followed the theme
Presentation:
looks finished - but blend it more (in between bricks)
Comments:
- the slanted wall/bricks - see that its not just one wall; dark line works really well to see the distinction
- blue sky makes it really colorful and has different shades of blue
- shadows within the grey - able to see distinction between matte board and grey pastel
- lines on the stair makes your eyes go up
- railing and how it goes slightly smaller
- angles of lines
Improvements:
- grass looks like it's floating - with shading, could have gone dark and lighter in areas
- lines on the stairs - used a lighter color and make it more uniform
- go over white - more layers
Self Assessment:
Creativity: I would give myself an A because I chose a different perspective and was able to use the angles of my lines to an advantage. I also think that my piece adds a bit of mystery as the viewer kind of wonders why I chose this certain place and what made it special to me.
Manipulation: I would give myself a B+ because I feel that I used the oil pastels really well in terms of colors and making my piece kind of 'pop', but at the same time, I feel that I could have blended in more in between the bricks and with the stairs.
Problem Solving: I would give myself an A because I did follow the theme and did the assignment as well as added a different perspective to my piece.
Presentation: I would give myself a B+ because it looks finished but I could have blended it more in between the bricks and added more layers.

Comments
Post a Comment